CEG desires for every scholar to attend and succeed in college. Grade level represents the best measure of college preparation for elementary and middle school students. Therefore, CEG measures the growth and grade level of all scholars, closing achievement gaps and moving students closer to grade level each year.
CEG schools enjoyed record achievement in 2017-2018.
On our Denver Campus, scholars enjoyed these amazing results:
- Cornerstone Prep – Denver earned a TVAAS 5 score in every subject based on TN Ready results from 2017-18
- Cornerstone Prep - Denver earned the second highest math proficiency rates in the ASD in 2017-18
- Parent survey results last year revealed a high level of parent satisfaction, as 95% of parents surveyed gave the school an overall grade of A or B at Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus.
- NWWEA MAP Math results of 1.3 years of growth overall, including 1.5 years in the 5th grade.
- NWEA MAP Reading results of 1.1 years of growth overall, including 1.3 years in kindergarten
- The second highest math proficiency rates in the ASD in math based on TN Ready results
- NWEA MAP language growth of 1.4 years, including growth of 1.5 years in 4th grade
- NWEA MAP Science results of 1.2 years of growth overall, including 1.5 years in the 5th grade
Similarly, our Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus scholars earned record academic achievement in the 2017-18 school year.
In 2018, Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus outperformed every other school in the ASD, earning the highest proficiency rates in both math and science on the 2017-2018 TN Ready assessment.
School-wide math success, as students from all grade levels grew an average of 1.5 years in the last academic year based on MAP results
- Between 2012-13 and 2017-2018, Cornerstone Prep - Lester has averaged 1.5 years of growth each year in science on the national assessment Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) national assessment, which is created and scored by Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA).
- Proven success in primary grades with an average of 1.8 years of growth in math and 1.4 years of growth in reading for our Kindergarteners and 1 st graders based on MAP results
- Superior language development, as shown by 3.1 years of growth in one academic year for our fifth-graders for the 2017-2018 school year based on MAP results
- Proven success in upper elementary with an astounding average of 2.3 years of growth across all subjects for our 5th graders based on MAP results
Finally, Lester Prep, the CEG middle school, continued its track record of outstanding results in 2017-18:
- Lester Prep was the only ASD school to earn TVAAS 5 in every subject in 2016-2017 and earned another TVAAS 5 composite score in 2017-2018
- Parent survey results last year revealed a high level of parent satisfaction, as 99% of parents surveyed gave the school an overall grade of A or B.
- In 2017-18, Lester Prep students grew 2.4 grade levels in language, 1.4 grade levels in math and science and 1.3 grade levels in reading on the NWEA MAP assessment
Please join us in celebrating record achievement in all of our CEG schools!
MAP: Growth Across Our Schools in 2016-2017!
Lester Prep 2015-2016 MAP Fall to Spring GLE Growth
We're proud of the growth of our Scholars during the 2015-2016 school year. See the chart below!
MAP Scores for 2014-2015
See the MAP scores for the full 2014-2015 school year!
See below for past years' scores.
MAP Scores for 2013-2014
Lester Prep First Semester Scores Beat National Averages
Scholars in our new middle school, Lester Prep, recently took their mid-year national assessment known as MAP, which stands for Measure of Academic Progress. The results of this assessment reveal the outstanding achievements of these students in our new middle school.
In reading, Lester Prep Scholars grew more than 91% of the students in the country who started at their same level! Similarly, the Scholars grew more than 89% in Language, 80% in math and 70% in Science.
We are so proud of these 6th graders and can see that this founding class of Lester Prep are truly on their way to college.
We are so proud of our prepsters for their growth in reading! At Cornerstone Prep, we assess all of our prepsters at the beginning of the school year to record our prepsters baseline reading fluency and comprehension levels using the Reading A-Z running records. Then, every prepster is assessed at least once every six weeks to track their reading throughout the year. At the end of this past school year, we were thrilled at how much prepsters had improved in their reading. See reading growth results here!
The Terra Nova is recognized as one of the most rigorous national tests and has a norm created by approximately 350,000 students across the nation. This assessment was used during our first two years and has subsequently been replaced by the MAP assessment. See past Terra Nova results.